I have been hit again with a virus and the writer in the making Zeba has tagged me. The tag theme is simpler this time around. So here I go.
Four places you have lived –
I was fortunate enough to have been born as son of an Army officer. I have lived almost all over India but to answer four it would be:
1. Lucknow: Wow, growing up years. Mischievous moments and one of the best in my life. The army barricade, the smell of boot polish and brasso, the memories of my mother (I was the closest to her, so her death affected me very badly) and some bitter memoirs which refuse to fade away. I really don’t know if I should cherish it or detest it, but as with memories of tough times, it continues to be remembered with affection.
2. Chennai: Did my college. First time out of home and complete freedom. I was a total rebel and my father and I were like Congress and BJP.Unsure moments and a complete chaos to have made to live all by myself. Was an absolute studious boy in the first year, out of fear that as much half of the batch fails to move to the next year(98% attendance). First time to booze and I remember how reluctantly I started. Had a sip and I almost puked, but it was so uncool to be a non drinker. Finished my first glass of Vodka and 7-up with difficulty but after that there was no stopping me, until my match referee (read: my wife) walked into life. initiated into my most horrible habit-Smoking and it took another 7 years before I finally quit(again for my wife).The hostel life, “Purani jeans and Guitar” culture, Late night movies and returning back at unheard of all unholy hours, complete forceful Insomnia, etc made me mutate from a harmless, studios, shy boy to a notoriously raucous young lad(Ahem).
3. Calicut: My home town. The land of my Grandparents and my second lady love. I love Calicut and everything to do with the name; be it food, the slang, the honest auto rickshaw drivers, the beach. I have lived for very short time in Calicut but my ultimate aim is to retire and spend my old age there.
4. Bahrain: The place I am currently residing. I love the roads, the people, the food and everything about this place, except for the weather, from May to September.Marinade a chicken and keep it on the terrace. It will roast by itself.
Four T.V shows you love(d) to watch –
I mainly watch news programs on NDTV, Chat shows on BBC WORLD and movies on the MNet. I will skip that question since it’s not meant for someone like me, who is working, blogging and a part time short story writer.Where the hell is the time?
Four places you have been on vacation –
I have been working for 8 years now in total, out of which 5 years has been outside of India. My life is such that I seriously don’t have the luxury of Vacations (as in true vacations where you go to some resort). Since 5 years I go to India (Kerala) for a vacation, that too after almost endless nagging. But I have been to few places on earth, work related, but had a blast nevertheless.
1. UK: I had been to London, Hampshire and Southampton. Absolutely gorgeous place. One must visit London, atleast in once lifetime. It’s a mélange of Old world charm and ultra modernity to a level of erudition.
2. Srilanka: I was in a transit flight and had an opportunity to see Colombo. Srilanka is much more stunning than what most people consider. It could easily give a run for its money to places like Thailand or Malaysia, provided Peace prevails.I hope it does.
3. Goa: there is no place under the sun like Goa and it has something for every class of people. The last I went was with friends before my marriage, so had a blast. We had more booze in 4 days, than we have ever had and I was this drinking, smoking DUDE, No care of the world.SIGH!!, Those good ol days. “Why darling, why?”(to my wife).
4. Pondicherry: We went on bikes from Chennai and absolute unforgettable moments. Again, booze(we went mainly for booze), Food and ogling on Foreign Tourists in Bikini.(Psssshh, its ok, my wife doesn’t read this)….
Four of your favorite foods –
I am a complete foodie and it shows. I am not sure about my present weight but last I checked was at 90 kgs. My philosophy of “you have just one life, why think twice” actually sucks big time, and I realize it now. But food being food, I will never master the right technique to say NO.
1. Kerala rice and fish curry(Sardines)/prawn curry made by my Mother. I have been eating it since I can remember, but it refuses to come down my list of fav food.
2. Pasta: I go bonkers for pasta and fav being ravioli or lasagna. I like cheesy stuff but Pizza is not my fav. It was until I had it for a month nonstop and it came out of my fav list.
3. Gujarathi/rajashtani veg food.: I am not a really non-veg person and I can survive completely on veg. I can drive 35 kms or walk 5 kms for a good Gujarati meal.
4. Dosa: I prefer it over any Mc.Donalds Junkie.Only thing matters is the chutney.
5. Indian Sweets: I can skip a meal for plate of crispy jalebi or carrot halwa. I love Bengalis for their sweets, otherwise they are as useless as malayalees( Hehe, To all Bengalis, just kidding) .
Four websites you visit daily –
3. Dashboard of my blog
4. Manoramaonline.com- for all the mallu news.To be ahead of my wife and not sound dumb.
Four places you would rather be –
2. Bahrain-I love this place
3. England: Its charming beyond words
4. New Zealand: I always wanted to go there. Probably for the isolation.Actually I don’t mind living like Tom hanks in castaway, for few days.
Four things you hope to do before you die-
1. Want to see my grandchild before I die( I have just had a child so it’s pretty farfetched)
2. Want to write a book(Novel) and get it published.
3. Visit Antarctica and live there and experience the extremes of living condition. (I have been watching too much of Discovery channel lately)
4. Travel around the world, especially places like Alaska, Siberia, Mongolia, Japan, Chile Argentina and See Machu Picchu(Inca heritage site)
Four novels you wish you were reading for the first time –
1. Animal farm-George Orwell
2. To kill a mocking bird-Harper lee
3. Midnights children-Rushdie
4. catch 22-Joseph heller
Four Movies You Can See Over and Over-
1. Gone with the wind
4. Manichitratazhu(Malayalam) and many mallu movies of Pathmarajan, Bharathan and Priyadarshan
Tag Four People You Believe Will Respond-
To people who weren’t tagged the previous time
1. le embrouille blogueur: someone i admire for his writing style
2. Numerounity- The beauty with the brain.
3. Nona: The eternal reviewer.
4. Swatantra: The dotting mother
Let the Virus spread the blogosphere, AMEN!!!!
BTW Please checkout this tale of love here, Its astonishing at the rate at which a realm is coming closer to another revolution. Its scares and pains me to read about Iran.
P.S: This Tag is supposed to be in "Fours" and i cannot tag more than four. I have tagged friends who weren't tagged last time.There are more tags coming. I am in the process of creating one by myself. Watch out Buddies!!!!!!