We all know about Twitter. I feel it has a tremendous potential to change the way we connect. We connect via our Blogs, but writing a blog is not an everyday affair ( for most of us).I haven’t really tried Twitter, though I created an account quite some time back. I Thought I would just spread a word that Twitter can indeed connect us on a different level and we all should try it out.
Join me by clicking here.
Since my wife has left for India, I have learned a lot of things, the hard way. The lot-of-things include, using the microwave to make dinner in a jiffy, to use the washing machine and clean the toilet in minutes etc. I am revealing my secret recipe to make Aloo ki Sabzi for the benefit of all those married bachelors who are forced to nosh for themselves
Time taken-5 minutes. Can be had with frozen parathas, or for lazier times even bread will do.
Aloo- 1 no
Onions: I no
Salt: to taste
Black pepper: half a teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut into small cubes the size of croutons ( the one you find in Tomato soups)
- Put it in a Microwave bowl and microwave in Medium-high for 5 minutes( check if its cooked, for fussy potatoes, cook for another few minutes).
- Meanwhile, Dice onions or chop them. I am bad at chopping so I dice them.
- Take a nonstick pan and heat oil. Crackle mustard ( tip: you can add a bit of urad dal for that nutty-ness)
- Add Diced onions and sauté for about a minute till the onions are crispy cooked. Don’t leave it to colour.
- Take out the Aloo from the MW and add to the Pan. Add all the spices and continue sauté. Add tomato cubes and garnish with finly chopped coriander leaves and serve yourself.(Tip 2:You can even add Gobi and make it Aloo gobi.Gobi cleaning is a pain in the wrong place, so aloo will do. You can improvise by adding a bit of frozen spinach)
Kitchen TIPS for Men:
1. Instant sandwiches can be made by mixing Canned Tuna(in oil) with mayonnaise . Add chopped onions for that extra taste
2. Soak dal(red dal) and rice for couple of hours and Microwave for 7-8 minutes. DHAN-TE-NAN, Kitchidi ready. Add a tempering of cracked mustard, curry leaves and bit of chopped ginger/garlic and you can have as close a kitchidi to Taj Mahal hotel in Mumbai.
3. Its all too easy to make an egg masala. ZB istyle Egg masala can be made by following this method. Fry sliced onions, Add Ginger/garlic(chopped) and when onions are brown add regular rangoli masala(red Chili powder, turmeric,corriander etc). Add chopped tomatoes and when tomatoes are mashed, mix it nicely to form a thick masala. Separate by moving the masala onto a side of the pan and break 2 eggs. Leave the eggs to cook without scrambling them and once eggs are fried, mix (fold, as in for a cake mix) lightly with the masala. Egg masala ready.
intresting tips, keep dropping in. Ciao