Wednesday 11 November 2009

I have got some amazing blog dosts


I have got some amazing blog dosts, who, though virtual, I am very proud to have. There are some who are lawyers, some are retired and contented, some are struggling to make a mark for themselves, some are students and yet some are mysterious and I have no clue what they do for a living. I haven’t been blogging for long, just 6 months to be precise, but still have managed to make some amount of followers and friends.I know some who are quite young and remind me when I was their age. When I was in college or in early 20s, I was this arrogant brat who thought he knew most of the things there is to know about life. I used to argue with my dad, I used to call myself an atheist without knowing the real psychology or meaning behind the word GOD, simply because I thought I was well educated from a premier professional college in India. Then life taught me some lessons and the fact that there is more to GOD than just religion, idol or pilgrimage; it has more to do with human psyche or the evolution of human psyche, since thousands of years. I have realized that humans who have strong belief in god are much happier and thus healthier than non believers.  I guess life teaches us lessons and only when confronted with such lessons that most of us learn.  It takes some difficult moments like waiting for a biopsy result to confirm ones worst fears or some catastrophic calamity like earthquakes or cyclones, as in the case of our ancestors, to realize that your life is indeed not in your hands.  Perhaps that’s when one realize that life is profoundly unpredictable and anything is possible in the very next hour, which can make most humans extremely anxious , and such anxieties can make lives extremely agonizing. Perhaps that’s when our ancestors would have invented GOD and belief in GOD would have lead to ways to please him and thus religious rituals would have formed.
Now, when I turn back and look at my days when I called myself an atheist and argued with my father, I feel I was rather immature. I now feel religion and worship has contributed to human development much more than anything else in the world. I believe that to call religious practices and beliefs unscientific and dissolute is to spread the message to be anxious and fearful of the profoundly erratic world and in the process take away the pillar of support of the mankind. I feel every human needs a support factor, at least on a sub-conscious level and a healthy subconscious mind is mostly responsible for a healthy and happy human being. Recent surveys have found that as many as 18% of Americans may be affected by one or more forms of Anxiety disorders.
Ops, I started off thinking that I would write about some of my blog-dosts from my perspective but ended up being preachy.
Neha: The most enthusiastic blogger in my list, a genuinely down-to-earth and caring person; a nice human being.  An avid blogger and reader of other blogs, in spite being a busy lawyer. One thing that I envy about her is that she works for herself and is self employed. I have this awe and respect for anyone who is self employed. I want to be my own boss and have to wait for few more years to cover all aspects of the risk factor involved. Once sufficiently funded and convinced that even if my business fails I could support my family, I would venture my own. Meanwhile I am sharpening my tools  and training to be a chef. Watch-out you hungry people.
Aparna: Her posts are naturally witty and humour comes as naturally to her as laziness to me. It’s always a pleasure reading her and her anecdotes have caused many a laugh-riots.  I wonder how she manages to write such lengthy posts in spite of being a mother to couple of naughty kids, Buts that’s where the right spirit and energy and multi tasking skills come to play its part. Keep writing.
The unsure ascetic: The most underrated blogger; A fine writer as well as painter; A very astute observer of life;  a poetic and free spirited person at heart.  It’s always a pleasure reading his blog.
Kaddu: She is mysterious as her name suggests, but I get a peep of her world through her blog. Though she writes on everyday topics, her sense of humour and writing style makes even a disclaimer attention-grabbing read. She is a quintessential blogger and represents the new age woman.
Global Madrasi: This is one blog I wait for everyday as much as my dad waits for his morning cuppa tea and the Malayala-manorama newspaper.  From current affairs to anecdotes, one is almost always sure that it would end up making the reader LOL.
To be continued…..

12 comments:

Raj said...

i d rather not talk about god, i will only just say, its only the blind who cn see him. becuase they can see nothing else. no offense intended.

R. Ramesh said...

areee bhaiyyaji...how to thank u 4 your kind words buddy..lemme wish u all the very best in your life...and let yr dream of being your own boss materialise..at least..i can get a job in your company..heheh..bol ya...

HaRy!! said...

Hey ZB...blog dosts real are kool... Neha yeah..i know her...awesome blogger indeed!! avid fan of her blogs that me:D ..!keep the good work dude!

Aparna said...

Hi ZB, feel honoured to find my name in your list.Thanks a lot.
When I was in college, I also did not have much faith in God but something happened when I was around 26. I prayed for a miracle and it happened the very next day. I have never been able to understand that, but the fact remains that I prayed hard and my prayers worked.
I started blogging exactly a year back and I have written 58 posts so far. Only some are funny, the rest are pretty serious. But still people think of me asa funny writer...I have no issues with this label. I love life and probably that comes across in my posts.
Thanks once again.
Take care.

ekta khetan said...

Hmmm...Good one.. I once thought of writing something similar about the regual blogdosts that I have made here...You have taken th cake buddy...

Hmmm we think a lot similar:)

Kavita Saharia said...

Celebrating friendship in a great way...ZB, you amaze me not only with your writings but also by giving us a glimpse of your "thinker" side.Every time i look at my kids i see God.

Telling your friends that how important they are to you is very important and a very nice thing to do....you have got a very impressive list here,i know Neha,Aparna ,Ramesh and would love to know the others you have mentioned .Cool post !!

Swatantra said...

That's a cute post.. I would love to hear about my blog from you...

Neha said...

nice post...I have always believed in God, but I don't believe in going to temple to pray...I feel even once in a day u remember god Dil Se, it gives you more satisfaction than the temple visit...

thank you for the special mention ZB...It feels great when I hear such nice things about me from one of the bloggers I look upto when it comes to blogging..:))

@ HaRy,
very few people like you and ZB praise other bloggers at their own space and elsewhere...thank u for those wonderful words...i am touched :))

PS: long comment. but I have been planning to write such a post for quite sometime..n it wil be there soon i guess :)))

BK Chowla, said...

This is my first visit.
How I wish I was on your list but doesn't matter.I will be on your posts regularly.

Dhanya said...

The best thing about blogging is that you get to meet like-minded people over here! I have made some amazing friends too. Touch wood... the friendship lasts forever! :D

The Unsure Ascetic said...

Hey ZB,
I am indeed touched by this post of yours. I remember we both started blogging at about the same time and have grown through ups and downs in our creative journey. I sincerely pray to God that he showers you with all that you wish for in life. Cheers! Keep writing!!
Jayant.

ZB said...

Thank you all.Its been wonderful to have you and to read your blogs. I have mentioned few name, and more names would be mentioned in due course. TC and keep blogging. :)